Friday, November 13, 2009

Phrantically trying to finish some models!!

So I'm painting the units responsible for the Knights of Russ overhaul before the inquisitive RTT on saturday. I'm hoping to get at least a painting score of 7 but would like to take the best painted with them. I'll hopefully post pictures soon, but I may need to buy a new camera.

Speaking of buying new things, Anna and I found out yesterday that we wont be able to close on our house til next thursdy instead of tuesday like we previously planned, which is a bummer. Does anyone know anything about putting in laminate flooring? If so I invite you to Rio Rancho, to teach me how/help me install it/buy it. If you also know anything about drywall even better, I'll glaldy accept your help.

Back to the lecture at hand. Some of the new highlights for the WoVKoR overhaul are Aleric "Twin-Axes" my new rune preist. He's a great minor conversion model and in the course of his design I was able to bring out all sorts of personality traits for him:

Rune Priest Aleric "Twin-Axes," the Storm Hawk, Reaver
Equipment: Power Armor, Runic Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades, Chooser of the Slain
Psychic Powers: Living Lightning, Tempest's Wrath

Before his ascension to the star warriors Aleric was the bastard son of a village seer. It was rumored that his paternal parentage was a sea god.

Anyway, that's all for tonight. Have a good night all

4 comments:

  1. LOL Jeph! I have done the drywall to finish our basement, and I took upo the laminate floors in our kitchen. Neither is hard to do, but drywall SUXX!!! It is dirty and messy, and it only gets worse as you mud it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Lea did the laminate floors in her house herself. Her comments are as follows:

    Be sure to start in the middle of the room, not a corner. The reason for this is that if you start in a corner, your floor will be perfect until you get to the last corner and the last corner will be all screwy. Starting in the middle means that your edges will all need some type of trimming, but they'll look symmetrical.

    She also purchased the most cost effective laminate available (around $0.92 a square foot), so YMMV. She might be available for a field trip to help supervise/assist in an installation project, so I'll check with her on that. Take care man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jeph I can help with both depending on when.
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drywall and laminate floors, neither are quit as hard as the DIY shows would have you think. With every aspect of carpentry, measure twice, cut once. If you’ve got question drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete